DEI List of Resources
Below you can find the very best information and tools created for your support.
NC State University Groups
DEI in STEM at NC State University
NSF NC-LSAMP Bridge to the Doctorate
North Carolina Alliance of the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
SHPE strive to contribute positively to minority students’ recruitment and retention in STEM fields.
What to do if you have a concern
- Undergraduate students: Your academic advisors are very familiar with university resources for academic and non-academic issues. Kindly reach out to Cheryl Tran or Felix Ewere for any assistance
- Graduate students: The Graduate Program Director and Graduate Program Coordinator can help navigate academic and non-academic resources. Kindly reach out to Kara Peters or Susan Uy for any assistance
- Responsible employees: A responsible employee is a faculty or staff member who has been trained regarding the university resources for Title IX sex discrimination or misconduct, and has the duty to report these incidents to the university. A list of the MAE faculty and staff who have this training can be found here: Google Document
- GLBT advocates: The GLBT Advocate Program is a continuing education and engagement program for faculty and staff designed to provide participants with ongoing opportunities to learn and show their support as allies and advocates of the GLBT community. MAE faculty and staff who are part of this program are listed at the following link, or may be indicated by placards next to their door or in their workspace. https://diversity.ncsu.edu/glbt/glbt-advocate-list/
- Title IX office: The Title IX office can assist with concerns related to discrimination, harassment, Title IX and retaliation, including consultations and reporting support. https://diversity.ncsu.edu/title-ix/, https://studentconduct.dasa.ncsu.edu/titleix/, https://diversity.ncsu.edu/title-ix-consultation-and-guidance/
- Ombuds: The ombuds office is an independent, neutral, confidential and informal office that can assist with conflict management, prevention and resolution while advocating for fair processes. For Faculty and Staff: https://facultyombuds.ncsu.edu/ For students:https://ombuds.dasa.ncsu.edu/
- NCState CARES: NCState CARES provides support for students in crisis or who have been identified as exhibiting concerning or worrisome behaviors. https://prevention.dasa.ncsu.edu/nc-state-cares/about/