- Astronaut scholar and MAE alumnus honored for his aviation career
- MAE professor receives Edge Award from North Carolina Renewable Ocean Energy Program
- MAE researchers develop new lightweight exoskeleton
“Our students get to experience excellent education that provides them an opportunity to develop, innovate, and design everything from robots to autonomous vehicles, to satellites, to prosthetic arms, to manufacturing methods, and to produce new novel engineering tools.”
Join colleagues and students in exploring new research.
Diversity, Equity And Inclusion
The MAE department is committed to initiatives to support our DEI mission and provide a welcoming and engaged community for our students, faculty, and staff.
Our Expertise Is Diverse
- Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Propulsion and Space Exploration System
- Dynamics, Vibrations, Controls, and System Design
- Structural Mechanics, Materials and Manufacturing
- Thermal Sciences and Energy Systems
- Biomedical and Biological Systems
- Nanoscale Science and Engineering
The Office of Assessment and Accreditation has selected Aerospace Engineering and Mechanical Engineering as two of the inaugural honorees for NC State’s Excellence in Assessment awards. This recognition is for degree and certificate programs that meet NC State’s expectations for high quality outcomes assessment, and additionally incorporate multiple best practices in their assessment processes aimed at improving student learning.
Broaden Your World
Co-op Experience: Engineering students can gain hands-on job experience while pursuing their degrees, and get paid for it, through the Cooperative Education Program.
Study Abroad: Engineering is a global enterprise. Many employers are looking for graduates with second languages and international exposure. Study abroad can make that happen.
Donations help the MAE department evolve and keep pace with the latest technology, while giving our students the skills, global awareness and sense of responsibility they need to make a difference in the world. Consider supporting the department today. Follow our Give Now link to donate to the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Enhancement Fund.