Through strengthened leadership and communication skills, the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department Ambassadors strive to support and enhance the MAE community by serving as a resource for prospective and current students, representing the department at various events, and creating opportunities for student professional development and alumni engagement.
- Required attendance at: Fall MAE Orientation and POP, Group Advising Sessions during Pre-registration, Fall and Spring Open Houses, MAE Hall of Fame, and Hassan A. Hassan Lecture.
- Opportunity to volunteer at other MAE events such as: MAE Professional Development events, Fall and Spring MAE Graduation ceremonies, and E-Council Major Mixer event.
- Coordinate and host MAE POP (Post Orientation Party).
- Complete MAE Tour training, and lead at least 1 MAE Tour.
- Complete one LAUNCH Professional Development workshop.
- Complete one CSLEPS Leadership Development workshop.
- Attend required team meetings (weekly at beginning of semester, then bi-weekly).
- Successful CODA into MAE Department.
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 TGPA.
- Desire to improve the MAE Department.
- High level of personal and professional character; willingness to develop leadership ability; committed to serving on a team; dedicated to delivering more than what is asked.
- Enhance your personal leadership, organizational and public speaking skills.
- Develop and strengthen your professional network on campus and in the community.
- Participate in a community of passionate, driven, and like-minded individuals.
- Make a positive difference in the MAE Department.