Position: Process Engineer
Number of Openings: 3
Departments: Airbag (1), Lamination (1), Quality (1)
Reports To: Department Manager
Summary: Provides technical support for an assigned process or product line by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Develops programs and/or methods to optimize producibility and to reduce cycle time, manufacturing losses, and overall costs.
- Assures process or product adheres to the company quality program and plans by performing audits and recommending corrective actions.
- Monitors and measures manufacturing losses and develops new techniques to reduce losses and improve quality.
- Recommends and implements changes to product or process to improve cost, delivery, and quality for the customer.
- Participates in overall product strategy, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Conducts market research and identifies and tracks market trends in our industry/industries.
- Produces competitive analysis materials comparing product with its key competitors.
- This job shares supervisory responsibilities for a team of wage associates.
- Responsibilities include coaching/training, managing time and attendance, and ensuring operational performance.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the above essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions satisfactorily.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word; programming experience is a plus but not required
Physical demands: frequently required to sit, stand, and walk and talk or hear; vision: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Work environment: typical manufacturing environment (forklift traffic, concrete floors, variable temperature outside of air-controlled offices, safety glasses required at all times); noise level is moderate but some areas may require hearing protection or additional PPE (safety shoes, respirator).