- Phone: (919) 513-1397
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Engineering Building III (EB3) 3417
- Website: http://junliu.wordpress.ncsu.edu
Dr. Liu is interested in micro/nano-scale thermal transport and hybrid organic/inorganic functional materials for energy storage, conversion, and management.
Dr. Liu’s graduate students are motivated to learn; they are familiar with both simulation and experiment work, and tend to solve multidisciplinary, challenging problems. His students have the opportunity to learn multidisciplinary topics in optics, electronics, thermal science, materials, and solid state physics.
Dr. Liu teaches Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics at the undergraduate level.
Outside of work, Dr. Liu enjoys travelling and reading.
- A Ubiquitous Thermal Conductivity Formula for Liquids, Polymer Glass, and Amorphous Solids (vol 37, 104401, 2020)
- Xi, Q., Zhong, J., He, J., Xu, X., Nakayama, T., Wang, Y., … Li, B. (2021, March), CHINESE PHYSICS LETTERS, Vol. 38. https://doi.org/10.1088/0256-307X/38/3/039901
- Evaluating the roles of temperature-dependent eigenvectors in predicting phonon transport properties of anharmonic crystals using normal mode analysis methods
- He, J., & Liu, J. (2021), JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 6. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0053287
- Molecular dynamics simulation of thermal transport in semicrystalline polyethylene: Roles of strain and the crystalline-amorphous interphase region
- He, J., & Liu, J. (2021), Journal of Applied Physics. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0067999
- Parallel Frameworks for Robust Optimization of Medium-Frequency Transformers
- Booth, K., Subramanyan, H., Liu, J., & Lukic, S. M. (2021), IEEE JOURNAL OF EMERGING AND SELECTED TOPICS IN POWER ELECTRONICS, 9(4), 5097–5112. https://doi.org/10.1109/jestpe.2020.3042527
- Thermal boundary conductance across solid-solid interfaces at high temperatures: A microscopic approach
- Zhong, J., Xi, Q., Wang, Z., Nakayama, T., Li, X., Liu, J., & Zhou, J. (2021), JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 5. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0047396
- Thermal percolation and electrical insulation in composite materials with partially metallic coated fillers
- Zhong, J., Xi, Q., He, J., Liu, J., & Zhou, J. (2021), APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 11. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0067875
- A skin layer made of cured polysilazane and yttria stabilized zirconia for enhanced thermal protection of carbon fiber reinforced polymers (CFRPs)
- Jia, Y., Ajayi, T. D., Ramakrishnan, K. R., Negi, A., Liu, J., Ekkad, S., & Xu, C. (2020), Surface and Coatings Technology, 404, 126481. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.surfcoat.2020.126481
- Efficiency improvement of liquid piston compressor using metal wire mesh for near-isothermal compressed air energy storage application
- Liu, J. (2020), Journal of Energy Storage. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2020.101226
- In-Plane Thermoelectric Properties of Flexible and Room-Temperature-Doped Carbon Nanotube Films
- Liu, J. (2020), ACS Applied Energy Materials. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsaem.0c00995
- Size Effects in the Thermal Conductivity of Amorphous Polymers
- Liu, J. (2020), Physical Review Applied. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevApplied.14.044023
- Understanding Wettability and Slipperiness of Surfaces Grafted with Polymer Brushes using Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- Domain-Engineering Enabled Thermal Switching in Ferroelectric Materials
- Travel Support for Student Participation at the 2019 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (ASME-IMECE) Society-wide Micro and Nano Technology Forum
- CAREER: Pushing the Lower Limit of Thermal Conductivity in Layered Materials
- Fundamental Studies on the Thermal Spin-Transfer-Torque: Towards the Next Generation Nonvolatile Memory for Space Exploration