Part Time Mechanical Engineer
Our Client is actively looking to hire a student to work part time (20 hours per week) on site supporting Caterpillar in Clayton, NC. Candidate can work full time during the summer while they are not enrolled in school (40 hours). They are seeking a current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Preference would be someone who has worked and has focused more on the design side. This resource will support mechanical engineering projects and will work alongside the full time Mechanical Engineer.
Candidate must be a May 2020 grad (or later). They will help supplement and support projects that EASi Engineering is delivering for Caterpillar.
This is an immediate need and hours are flexible. Candidate must be available to come to Clayton, NC at least 3 days a week and work for 18- 20 hours.
Pay Rate: $12/HR
- Current BS Mechanical Engineer Student (Graduation date May 2020 or later)
- Mechanical Design Experience
This is a great opportunity to gain real world experience working on projects for Caterpillar. With this opportunity there is a good chance it will lead to a full-time position with EASi Engineering upon graduation (assuming good performance).
75% Creo (3D design) 25% Teamcenter (releasing)
- Create models
- Up load to Team Center
- Create Change Notices
- Create notices
- Release CN
- Creating 3D models and concepts. These could be from a new design you would produce, or a supplier design you must convert.
- Create Power point presentations for Concept reviews with engineering.
- Work with engineering to come to final design.
- Once design is finalized prints will need to be created, reviewed and uploaded to Team Center
- Create CNs (change notices), notices and release CNs.
Maybe required to:
- Order PD parts for fit-up
- Assist in fit-ups at CMDC
- Ensure the design has been reviewed for manufacturability, assembly feasibility and serviceability
- Collaborate with Client’s engineering team, External Supplier and BCP purchasing by participating in design reviews.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your updated resume to Dvassey@aerotek.com.