Access to all MAE spaces is through Card Access or Hard Keys. Regardless of whether a key is needed or card access needs to be activated, the request form must be completed and approved by your supervisor.
If a key is needed, you will be notified when the key is ready for pickup. Keys are picked up from the main office (EB3 3002). The key must be returned to the department when you complete your appointment in that space or graduate. A Key Return lockbox is located outside the main office door for convenient returns.
Card Access utilizes your NCSU ID card to access spaces. Card Access is administered by the university’s SAT Department. Do not reach out directly to SAT. When your request is approved by your supervisor, the department’s access representative will submit the request to the SAT department to request access. This access can take up to 24 hours after your request is approved to become active, though it normally only takes a few hours. SAT will only grant access requested by the department’s access representative.
Note: If you are the President of one of the MAE Student Organizations/Teams and are submitting access requests for the entire team, please email the names and ID#s for all team members to email@example.com and copy the team’s faculty advisor so they can approve the team access request.
The below spaces require safety training before access can be granted.
- HB 103 (Subsonic Windtunnel)- Mingtai Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- HB 108B (Anechoic Chamber)- (email@example.com)
- EB3 1001 (Laser Cutter, 3-D Printer, Instron Material Tester, Chemical Fume Hood)- Laser cutter training- Vince Chicarelli (firstname.lastname@example.org), Instron training- Mark Pankow (email@example.com), Fume Hood- Jaideep Pandit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- EB3 2206 (MAE UG Lab- Thermal/Fluids) Jaideep Pandit (email@example.com)
- EB3 2208 (MAE UG Lab- Structures) Jaideep Pandit (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- EB3 2216 (Dynamics and Controls) Jaideep Pandit (email@example.com)