- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3288
- Visit My Website
At the graduate level, Dr. Jing teaches Acoustic Radiation I and II (MAE 518 and 718). These two courses are concerned with general principles in acoustics but will also cover special topics in ultrasound.
At the undergraduate level, he teaches solid mechanics (MAE 314) and strength of mechanical components (MAE 316). The students who work with Dr. Jing are drawn to his research because of its cutting edge nature (reflected in high journal activity and research funding agency support) and its high potential in changing the landscape of medical diagnostics.
Outside of work, Dr. Jing enjoys Starcraft II, photography, basketball, and playing the piano.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Jing is currently 1) contributing to the development of ultrasound drug delivery and high intensity focused ultrasound, 2) developing numerical algorithms for predicting acoustic wave behavior in various media, 3) studying the acoustic meta-materials for sub-wavelength imaging, noise reduction and cloaking, 4) and desgining noise insulation materials. In MAE, he collaborates with Drs. Jiang, Yuan, Zhu and Muller. Other research collaborators at NCSU include Dr. Gu (BME).
- Acoustic metacages for sound shielding with steady air flow
- Shen, C., Xie, Y. B., Li, J. F., Cummer, S. A., & Jing, Y. (2018), Journal of Applied Physics, 123(12).
- Acoustic metasurfaces
- Assouar, B., Liang, B., Wu, Y., Li, Y., Cheng, J.-C., & Jing, Y. (2018), NATURE REVIEWS MATERIALS, 3(12), 460–472. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41578-018-0061-4
- Acoustic planar surface retroreflector
- Song, G. Y., Cheng, Q., Cui, T. J., & Jing, Y. (2018), Physical Review Materials, 2(6).
- Composite honeycomb metasurface panel for broadband sound absorption
- Peng, X., Ji, J., & Jing, Y. (2018), JOURNAL OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA, 144(4), EL255–261. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.5055847
- Generation of multiband spoof surface acoustic waves via high-order modes
- Wu, L. T., Song, G. Y., Cao, W. K., Cheng, Q., Cui, T. J., & Jing, Y. (2018), Physical Review B, 97(21).
- Investigation of acoustic metasurfaces with constituent material properties considered
- Gerard, N. J. R. K., Li, Y., & Jing, Y. (2018), Journal of Applied Physics, 123(12).
- Numerical investigation of the inertial cavitation threshold under multi-frequency ultrasound
- Suo, D. J., Govind, B., Zhang, S. Q., & Jing, Y. (2018), Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 41, 419–426.
- Numerical modeling of ultrasound propagation in weakly heterogeneous media using a mixed-domain method
- Gu, J. J., & Jing, Y. (2018), IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 65(7), 1258–1267.
- Simultaneous Observation of a Topological Edge State and Exceptional Point in an Open and Non-Hermitian Acoustic System
- Zhu, W., Fang, X., Li, D., Sun, Y., Li, Y., Jing, Y., & Chen, H. (2018), PHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS, 121(12). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevLett.121.124501
- Three-dimensional numerical simulation and experimental investigation of boundary-driven streaming in surface acoustic wave microfluidics
- Chen, C., Zhang, S. P., Mao, Z., Nama, N., Gu, Y., Huang, P.-H., … Huang, T. J. (2018), LAB ON A CHIP, 18(23), 3645–3654. https://doi.org/10.1039/c8lc00589c