- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3288
- Visit My Website
At the graduate level, Dr. Jing teaches Acoustic Radiation I and II (MAE 518 and 718). These two courses are concerned with general principles in acoustics but will also cover special topics in ultrasound.
At the undergraduate level, he teaches solid mechanics (MAE 314) and strength of mechanical components (MAE 316). The students who work with Dr. Jing are drawn to his research because of its cutting edge nature (reflected in high journal activity and research funding agency support) and its high potential in changing the landscape of medical diagnostics.
Outside of work, Dr. Jing enjoys Starcraft II, photography, basketball, and playing the piano.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Jing is currently 1) contributing to the development of ultrasound drug delivery and high intensity focused ultrasound, 2) developing numerical algorithms for predicting acoustic wave behavior in various media, 3) studying the acoustic meta-materials for sub-wavelength imaging, noise reduction and cloaking, 4) and desgining noise insulation materials. In MAE, he collaborates with Drs. Jiang, Yuan, Zhu and Muller. Other research collaborators at NCSU include Dr. Gu (BME).
- A comparison study between acoustic topological states based on valley Hall and quantum spin Hall effects
- Deng, Y., Lu, M., & Jing, Y. (2019), JOURNAL OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA, 146(1), 721–728. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.5115017
- Dynamic assessment of dual-frequency microbubble-mediated sonothrombolysis in vitro
- Suo, D., Govind, B., Gu, J., Dayton, P. A., & Jing, Y. (2019), JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 125(8). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5083908
- Fabrication and experimental demonstration of a hybrid resonant acoustic gradient index metasurface at 40 kHz
- Gerard, N. J. R. K., Cui, H., Shen, C., Xie, Y., Cummer, S., Zheng, X., & Jing, Y. (2019), APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS, 114(23). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5095963
- Guiding robust valley-dependent edge states by surface acoustic waves
- Wang, Z., Liu, F.-K., Yu, S.-Y., Yan, S.-L., Lu, M.-H., Jing, Y., & Chen, Y.-F. (2019), JOURNAL OF APPLIED PHYSICS, 125(4). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5066034
- Metasurface constituted by thin composite beams to steer flexural waves in thin plates
- Zhang, J., Su, X., Liu, Y., Zhao, Y., Jing, Y., & Hu, N. (2019), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SOLIDS AND STRUCTURES, 162, 14–20. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2018.11.025
- Simulation of the Second-Harmonic Ultrasound Field in Heterogeneous Soft Tissue Using a Mixed-Domain Method
- Gu, J., & Jing, Y. (2019), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON ULTRASONICS FERROELECTRICS AND FREQUENCY CONTROL, 66(4), 669–675. https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2019.2892753
- Acoustic metacages for sound shielding with steady air flow
- Shen, C., Xie, Y. B., Li, J. F., Cummer, S. A., & Jing, Y. (2018), Journal of Applied Physics, 123(12). https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5009441
- Acoustic metasurfaces
- Assouar, B., Liang, B., Wu, Y., Li, Y., Cheng, J.-C., & Jing, Y. (2018), NATURE REVIEWS MATERIALS, 3(12), 460–472. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41578-018-0061-4
- Acoustic planar surface retroreflector
- Song, G. Y., Cheng, Q., Cui, T. J., & Jing, Y. (2018), Physical Review Materials, 2(6). https://doi.org/10.1103/physrevmaterials.2.065201
- Composite honeycomb metasurface panel for broadband sound absorption
- Peng, X., Ji, J., & Jing, Y. (2018), JOURNAL OF THE ACOUSTICAL SOCIETY OF AMERICA, 144(4), EL255–261. https://doi.org/10.1121/1.5055847