- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3288
- Visit My Website
At the graduate level, Dr. Jing teaches Acoustic Radiation I and II (MAE 518 and 718). These two courses are concerned with general principles in acoustics but will also cover special topics in ultrasound.
At the undergraduate level, he teaches solid mechanics (MAE 314) and strength of mechanical components (MAE 316). The students who work with Dr. Jing are drawn to his research because of its cutting edge nature (reflected in high journal activity and research funding agency support) and its high potential in changing the landscape of medical diagnostics.
Outside of work, Dr. Jing enjoys Starcraft II, photography, basketball, and playing the piano.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Jing is currently 1) contributing to the development of ultrasound drug delivery and high intensity focused ultrasound, 2) developing numerical algorithms for predicting acoustic wave behavior in various media, 3) studying the acoustic meta-materials for sub-wavelength imaging, noise reduction and cloaking, 4) and desgining noise insulation materials. In MAE, he collaborates with Drs. Jiang, Yuan, Zhu and Muller. Other research collaborators at NCSU include Dr. Gu (BME).
- Loss-induced enhanced transmission in anisotropic density-near-zero acoustic metamaterials
- Shen, C., & Jing, Y. (2016), Scientific Reports, 6.
- Acoustic holographic rendering with two-dimensional metamaterial-based passive phased array
- Xie, Y. B., Shen, C., Wang, W. Q., Li, J. F., Suo, D. J., Popa, B. I., Jing, Y., & Cummer, S. A. (2016), Scientific Reports, 6.
- On the evaluation of effective density for plate- and membrane-type acoustic metamaterials without mass attached
- Huang, T. Y., Shen, C., & Jing, Y. (2016), Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 140(2), 908-916.
- Membrane- and plate-type acoustic metamaterials
- Huang, T. Y., Shen, C., & Jing, Y. (2016), Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 139(6), 3239-3249.
- Acoustic properties of glass fiber assembly-filled honeycomb sandwich panels
- Yang, Y., Li, B. B., Chen, Z. F., Sui, N., Chen, Z., Saeed, M. U., Li, Y. F., Fu, R. L., Wu, C., & Jing, Y. (2016), Composites. Part B, Engineering, 96, 281-286.
- Asymmetric acoustic transmission through near-zero-index and gradient-index metasurfaces
- Shen, C., Xie, Y. B., Li, J. F., Cummer, S. A., & Jing, Y. (2016), Applied Physics Letters, 108(22).
- Modeling of wave propagation for medical ultrasound: A review
- Gu, J. J., & Jing, Y. (2015), IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 62(11), 1979-1993.
- Broadband acoustic hyperbolic metamaterial
- Shen, C., Xie, Y. B., Sui, N., Wang, W. Q., Cummer, S. A., & Jing, Y. (2015), Physical Review Letters, 115(25).
- Response to "Comment on 'A lightweight yet sound-proof honeycomb acoustic metamaterial'" [Appl. Phys. Lett. 107, 216101 (2015)]
- Sui, N., Yan, X., Huang, T. Y., Xu, J., Yuan, F. G., & Jing, Y. (2015), Applied Physics Letters, 107(21).
- Thrombolysis using multi-frequency high intensity focused ultrasound at MHz range: an in vitro study
- Suo, D. J., Guo, S. J., Lin, W. L., Jiang, X. N., & Jing, Y. (2015), Physics in Medicine & Biology, 60(18), 7403-7418.
- Acoustic Modeling in Historical Research
- National Endowment for the Humanities(1/01/16 - 12/31/18)
- Interlayer Design for Optimal Noise Reduction, Phase II
- Eastman Chemical Company(9/01/14 - 8/31/15)
- Ultrasound-Mediated Remote Regulation of Blood Glucose Levels Using Nanocomposites: A Mechanism Study
- NCSU Faculty Research & Professional Development Fund(7/01/14 - 6/30/15)
- Simulation Studies of Membrane-Based Acoustic Metamaterials as a Future Noise Insulation Material
- NCSU NC Space Grant Consortium(4/01/14 - 2/01/15)
- EMN-13-F-S-07 Exploration of Acetate Tow for Acoustical Control, Phase I
- Eastman Chemical Company(1/15/14 - 4/30/15)
- Systematic Simulation Study of Interlayer Constructions for Noise Reduction, Phase I
- Eastman Chemical Company(8/01/13 - 8/15/14)