- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3282
- Visit My Website
Dr. Jiang has 9 years of industrial experience before he joined NC State in 2009. At the graduate level, Dr. Jiang teaches micro-transducers incorporated with smart materials and micro/nanostructures (MAE 532). At the undergraduate level he teaches Solid Mechanics (MAE 314), Strength of Mechanical Components (MAE 316) Principles of Automatic Control (MAE 435), and Non-destructive Testing and Evaluation (MAE 440, with lab modules). As a faculty advisor, Dr. Jiang looks for hard-working students who have a strong background in physics and acoustics and who are interested in developing strong instrumentation skills. His research is attractive to students who are interested in cutting-edge research in the biomedical, mechanical or aerospace areas, and who are interested in advanced imaging and therapy methods and techniques.
Shanghai Jiaotong University
Jiang is interested in micro/nano-sensors, actuators and transducers and their applications in biomedical and aerospace engineering; ultrasound imaging for medical and industrial NDE/NDT applications; high power ultrasound therapy; sensors and actuators for extreme environment; and micro/nanofabrications with smart materials and structures incorporation. Presently, he is 1) conducting research in high-frequency and broadband ultrasound transducers for biomedical imaging, therapy and NDE, 2) developing electromechanical devices for extreme environments, and 3) studying new smart materials and micro/nanostructures for energy conversion (harvesting, sensing, actuation).
- Flexoelectricity in low densification materials and its implication
- Shu, L. L., Yong, Z. H., Jiang, X. N., Xie, Z. Q., & Huang, W. B. (2017), Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 695, 1555-1560.
- Laser-generated-focused ultrasound transducers for microbubble-mediated, dual-excitation sonothrombolysis
- Kim, J., Chang, W. Y., Lindsey, B. D., Dayton, P. A., Dai, X. M., Stavas, J. M., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), In 2016 ieee international ultrasonics symposium (ius). (IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, ).
- A dual-frequency co-linear array for prostate acoustic angiography
- Li, S. B., Kim, J., Wang, Z. C., Jiang, X. N., Kasoji, S., Lindsey, B., & Dayton, P. A. (2016), In 2016 ieee international ultrasonics symposium (ius). (IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, ).
- Adaptive windowing in mechanically-steered intravascular ultrasound imaging: Ex vivo and in vivo studies with contrast enhancement
- Lindsey, B. D., Dayton, P. A., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), In 2016 ieee international ultrasonics symposium (ius). (IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, ).
- A dual-frequency endoscopic transducer for imaging vascular invasion in pancreatic cancer
- Lindsey, B. D., Dayton, P. A., Kim, J., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), In 2016 ieee international ultrasonics symposium (ius). (IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, ).
- Ex vivo porcine arterial and chorioallantoic membrane acoustic angiography using dual-frequency intravascular ultrasound probes
- Martin, K. H., Lindsey, B. D., Ma, J. G., Nichols, T. C., Jiang, X. N., & Dayton, P. A. (2016), Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology, 42(9), 2294-2307.
- A piezoelectric shear stress sensor
- Kim, T., Saini, A., Kim, J., Gopalarathnam, A., Zhu, Y., Palmieri, F. L., Wohl, C. J., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), In Sensors and smart structures technologies for civil, mechanical, and aerospace systems 2016. (Proceedings of SPIE-the International Society for Optical Engineering, 9803).
- An integrated system for superharmonic contrast-enhanced ultrasound imaging: Design and intravascular phantom imaging study
- Li, Y., Ma, J. G., Martin, K. H., Yu, M. Y., Ma, T., Dayton, P. A., Jiang, X. N., Shung, K. K., & Zhou, Q. F. (2016), IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 63(9), 1933-1943.
- A novel laser ultrasound transducer using candle soot carbon nanoparticles
- Huang, W. B., Chang, W. Y., Kim, J., Li, S. B., Huang, S. J., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 15(3), 395-401.
- 40-MHz micromachined PMN-PT composite ultrasound array for medical imaging
- Li, S. B., Huang, W. B., Chang, W. Y., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), (Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, 2015, vol 3, ).
- Ultrasonic Characterization of Atherosclerotic Plaque using Multiple Scattering
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(9/30/16 - 7/31/17)
- Characterization of high temperature NDE sensors
- Electric Power Research Institute, Inc.(6/06/16 - 11/30/16)
- Design and analysis of a lead-free d36 in-plane shear-based piezoelectric torsion transducer
- Max Kade Foundation, Inc(4/29/16 - 4/28/17)
- Laser Ultrasound Patch Using Carbon Nanofiber Composites
- NCSU Research and Innovation Seed Funding Program(7/01/15 - 6/30/16)
- Surface and Domain Nano-Engineering of Relaxor Single Crystal for Acoustic Sensors
- US Dept. of Defense (DOD)(6/01/15 - 5/31/18)
- A Tumor Locating Device and Instrument for Needle Biopsy
- US Dept. of Health & Human Services (DHHS)(9/22/14 - 9/11/15)
- In-Vivo Evaluation of Multi-frequency Ultrasound Transducers for Intravascular Applications
- Chancellor's Innovation Fund (CIF)(7/01/14 - 6/30/16)
- Evaluation of Flexible Micropost Arrays for Shear Stress Measurement
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)(7/10/14 - 7/09/16)
- Evaluation of High Temperature Transducers
- Electric Power Research Institute, Inc.(11/30/-1 - 12/31/13)
- Aerodynamic Sensing using Miniature Transducers
- General Electric Co.(3/01/13 - 12/31/13)