- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3282
- Visit My Website
Dr. Jiang has 9 years of industrial experience before he joined NC State in 2009. At the graduate level, Dr. Jiang teaches micro-transducers incorporated with smart materials and micro/nanostructures (MAE 532). At the undergraduate level he teaches Solid Mechanics (MAE 314), Strength of Mechanical Components (MAE 316) Principles of Automatic Control (MAE 435), and Non-destructive Testing and Evaluation (MAE 440, with lab modules). As a faculty advisor, Dr. Jiang looks for hard-working students who have a strong background in physics and acoustics and who are interested in developing strong instrumentation skills. His research is attractive to students who are interested in cutting-edge research in the biomedical, mechanical or aerospace areas, and who are interested in advanced imaging and therapy methods and techniques.
Shanghai Jiaotong University
Jiang is interested in micro/nano-sensors, actuators and transducers and their applications in biomedical and aerospace engineering; ultrasound imaging for medical and industrial NDE/NDT applications; high power ultrasound therapy; sensors and actuators for extreme environment; and micro/nanofabrications with smart materials and structures incorporation. Presently, he is 1) conducting research in high-frequency and broadband ultrasound transducers for biomedical imaging, therapy and NDE, 2) developing electromechanical devices for extreme environments, and 3) studying new smart materials and micro/nanostructures for energy conversion (harvesting, sensing, actuation).
- Dielectric and piezoelectric properties of 0.7 Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)O-3-0.3 PbTiO3 single crystal poled using alternating current
- Chang, W.-Y., Chung, C.-C., Luo, C., Kim, T., Yamashita, Y., Jones, J. L., & Jiang, X. (2018), MATERIALS RESEARCH LETTERS, 6(10), 537–544. https://doi.org/10.1080/21663831.2018.1498812
- Domain engineering and full matrix material constants of the (c)-poled 0.63Pb(Mg1/3Nb2/3)-0.37PbTiO(3) single crystal
- Yuan, Z., Sang, S., Sun, E., Qi, X., Chang, W.-Y., Zhang, R., … Cao, W. (2018), CRYSTENGCOMM, 20(33), 4745–4751. https://doi.org/10.1039/c8ce00831k
- Dynamic flexoelectric effect on piezoelectric nanostructures
- Nguyen, B. H., Nanthakumar, S. S., Zhuang, X., Wriggers, P., Jiang, X., & Rabczuk, T. (2018), EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF MECHANICS A-SOLIDS, 71, 404–409. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2018.06.002
- Evaluation of Photoacoustic Transduction Efficiency of Candle Soot Nanocomposite Transmitters
- Chang, W.-Y., Zhang, X. A., Kim, J., Huang, W., Bagal, A., Chang, C.-H., … Jiang, X. (2018), In IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NANOTECHNOLOGY (Vol. 17, pp. 985–993).
- Flexoelectricity in a metal/ferroelectric/semiconductor heterostructure
- Huang, S. J., Yau, H. M., Yu, H., Qi, L., So, F., Dai, J. Y., & Jiang, X. N. (2018), AIP Advances, 8(6).
- Flexoelectricity in dielectrics: Materials, structures and characterizations
- Huang, S. J., Qi, L., Huang, W. B., Shu, L. L., Zhou, S. J., & Jiang, X. N. (2018), Journal of Advanced Dielectrics, 8(2).
- Miniaturized focused ultrasound transducers for intravascular therapies
- Kim, J., Wu, H. Y., & Jiang, X. N. (2018),
- On the mechanics of curved flexoelectric microbeams
- Qi, L., Huang, S. J., Fu, G. Y., Zhou, S. J., & Jiang, X. N. (2018), International Journal of Engineering Science, 124, 1–15.
- Patterned nano-domains in PMN-PT single crystals
- Chang, W. Y., Chung, C. C., Yuan, Z. Y., Chang, C. H., Tian, J., Viehland, D., … Jiang, X. N. (2018), Acta Materialia, 143, 166–173. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actamat.2017.10.016
- Real-time ultrasound angiography using superharmonic dual-frequency (2.25 MHz/30 MHz) cylindrical array: In vitro study
- Wang, Z. C., Martin, K. H., Dayton, P. A., & Jiang, X. N. (2018), Ultrasonics, 82, 298–303.
- Forward-viewing Intravascular Transducers for Thrombolysis
- UNC - UNC Chapel Hill(12/15/18 - 9/14/19)
- Effect of AC Poling on Dielectric and Piezoelectric Properties of Relaxor Single Crystals for Acoustic Sensors
- US Navy-Office Of Naval Research(7/01/18 - 6/30/21)
- ULTRA â€“ Ultrasound for Resource-limited Areas
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation(5/04/18 - 4/30/19)
- Forward viewing catheter-delivered microbubble enhanced sonothrombolysis (FV-CAMUS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(8/15/18 - 6/30/19)
- Novel Biomedical Ultrasound Sensors
- Goodix Technology Inc.(2/20/18 - 2/19/20)
- High temperature embedded/integrated sensors (HiTEIS) for remote monitoring of reactor and fuel cycle systems
- US Dept. of Energy (DOE)(10/01/17 - 9/30/20)
- Ultrasonic Characterization of Atherosclerotic Plaque using Multiple Scattering
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(9/30/16 - 7/31/19)
- Characterization of high temperature NDE sensors
- Electric Power Research Institute, Inc.(6/06/16 - 6/30/17)
- Design and analysis of a lead-free d36 in-plane shear-based piezoelectric torsion transducer
- Max Kade Foundation, Inc(4/29/16 - 4/28/17)
- Laser Ultrasound Patch Using Carbon Nanofiber Composites
- NCSU Research and Innovation Seed Funding Program(7/01/15 - 6/30/16)