- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3282
- Visit My Website
Dr. Jiang has 9 years of industrial experience before he joined NC State in 2009. At the graduate level, Dr. Jiang teaches micro-transducers incorporated with smart materials and micro/nanostructures (MAE 532). At the undergraduate level he teaches Solid Mechanics (MAE 314), Strength of Mechanical Components (MAE 316) Principles of Automatic Control (MAE 435), and Non-destructive Testing and Evaluation (MAE 440, with lab modules). As a faculty advisor, Dr. Jiang looks for hard-working students who have a strong background in physics and acoustics and who are interested in developing strong instrumentation skills. His research is attractive to students who are interested in cutting-edge research in the biomedical, mechanical or aerospace areas, and who are interested in advanced imaging and therapy methods and techniques.
Shanghai Jiaotong University
Jiang is interested in micro/nano-sensors, actuators and transducers and their applications in biomedical and aerospace engineering; ultrasound imaging for medical and industrial NDE/NDT applications; high power ultrasound therapy; sensors and actuators for extreme environment; and micro/nanofabrications with smart materials and structures incorporation. Presently, he is 1) conducting research in high-frequency and broadband ultrasound transducers for biomedical imaging, therapy and NDE, 2) developing electromechanical devices for extreme environments, and 3) studying new smart materials and micro/nanostructures for energy conversion (harvesting, sensing, actuation).
- Raman spectra of (K, Na)(Nb,Ta)O-3 single crystal
- Sang, S. J., Yuan, Z. Y., Zheng, L. M., Sun, E. W., Qi, X. D., Zhang, R., Jiang, X. N., Li, S. Y., & Du, J. (2017), Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 704, 804-808.
- Frequency dispersion of flexoelectricity in PMN-PT single crystal
- Shu, L. L., Wan, M. Q., Jiang, X. N., Li, F., Zhou, N. G., Huang, W. B., & Wang, T. (2017), AIP Advances, 7(1).
- Piezoelectric d(36) in-plane shear-mode of lead-free BZT-BCT single crystals for torsion actuation
- Berik, P., Chang, W. Y., & Jiang, X. (2017), Applied Physics Letters, 110(5).
- Contrast enhanced superharmonic imaging for acoustic angiography using reduced form-factor lateral mode transmitters for intravascular and intracavity applications
- Wang, Z., Martin, K. H., Huang, W., Dayton, P. A., & Jiang, X. (2017), IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 64(2), 311-319.
- Microbubble mediated dual-frequency high intensity focused ultrasound thrombolysis: an in vitro study
- Suo, D. J., Jin, Z. Y., Jiang, X. N., Dayton, P. A., & Jing, Y. (2017), Applied Physics Letters, 110(2).
- Electrical switching of antiferromagnets via strongly spin-orbit coupled materials
- Li, X. L., Duan, X. P., Semenov, Y. G., & Kim, K. W. (2017), Journal of Applied Physics, 121(2).
- Flexoelectricity in low densification materials and its implication
- Shu, L. L., Yong, Z. H., Jiang, X. N., Xie, Z. Q., & Huang, W. B. (2017), Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 695, 1555-1560.
- Nanocomposite transducer with a laser ultarsound transmitter and a piezoelectric receiver
- Kim, J., Chang, W. Y., Huang, S. J., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), (2016 IEEE 16th International Conference on Nanotechnology (ieee-nano), ) (pp. 191-192).
- Analysis on the anisotropic electromechanical properties of lead magnoniobate titanate single crystal for ring type ultrasonic motors
- Shi, X., Huang, W. B., Li, F., Li, Z. R., Xu, Z., Jiang, X. N., & Wei, X. Y. (2016), AIP Advances, 6(11).
- Laser-generated-focused ultrasound transducers for microbubble-mediated, dual-excitation sonothrombolysis
- Kim, J., Chang, W. Y., Lindsey, B. D., Dayton, P. A., Dai, X. M., Stavas, J. M., & Jiang, X. N. (2016), In 2016 ieee international ultrasonics symposium (ius). (IEEE International Ultrasonics Symposium, ).
- Ultrasonic Characterization of Atherosclerotic Plaque using Multiple Scattering
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(9/30/16 - 7/31/17)
- Characterization of high temperature NDE sensors
- Electric Power Research Institute, Inc.(6/06/16 - 11/30/16)
- Design and analysis of a lead-free d36 in-plane shear-based piezoelectric torsion transducer
- Max Kade Foundation, Inc(4/29/16 - 4/28/17)
- Laser Ultrasound Patch Using Carbon Nanofiber Composites
- NCSU Research and Innovation Seed Funding Program(7/01/15 - 6/30/16)
- Surface and Domain Nano-Engineering of Relaxor Single Crystal for Acoustic Sensors
- US Dept. of Defense (DOD)(6/01/15 - 5/31/18)
- A Tumor Locating Device and Instrument for Needle Biopsy
- US Dept. of Health & Human Services (DHHS)(9/22/14 - 9/11/15)
- In-Vivo Evaluation of Multi-frequency Ultrasound Transducers for Intravascular Applications
- Chancellor's Innovation Fund (CIF)(7/01/14 - 6/30/16)
- Evaluation of Flexible Micropost Arrays for Shear Stress Measurement
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)(7/10/14 - 7/09/16)
- Evaluation of High Temperature Transducers
- Electric Power Research Institute, Inc.(11/30/-1 - 12/31/13)
- Aerodynamic Sensing using Miniature Transducers
- General Electric Co.(3/01/13 - 12/31/13)