- Engineering Building III (EB3) 3166
- Visit My Website
Dr. Muller is interested in medical ultrasound and ultrasound propagation in complex media. Her long-term objective is to advance the state-of-the-art of medical ultrasound and contribute to screening and prevention methods.
Her research attracts students because of its high societal impact, because it involves both theory and the learning about state-of-the-art numerical and experimental methods, and because it involves teamwork and collaborations with physicians, physicists and engineers. Since her research is multidisciplinary, students in her lab have the opportunity to tailor their graduate experience to their particular interests. Some of her research is also likely to find its way to other applications, such as methods for assessing properties of new bio- and conventional materials.
In MAE, Dr. Muller collaborates with Dr Jiang, Dr Zikry and Dr Saul. She offering a new graduate course in the area of advanced acoustics addressing the applications of elastic waves to medicine and non-destructive testing.
Outside of work, she enjoys family, friends, and food, as well as the martial arts.
Paris Diderot University
Pierre et Marie Curie University
The focus of Dr. Muller's research is on the development of new sources of imaging contrasts that provide diagnostically relevant information. Her approach is based on understanding the propagation of ultrasound and elastic waves in biological tissue, and to establish quantitative relationships between ultrasound parameters and the microarchitecture of tissue. Ongoing research in my lab addresses bone, soft tissue and porous materials. The projects include: (1) Bone microarchitecture modelling and assessment; (2) Characterizing vascular networks; (3) The fundamentals of multiple scattering in tissue.
- Novel Ultrasound Localization of Pulmonary Nodules during Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery to Improve Surgical Resection
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(5/15/19 - 4/30/20)
- Innovative ultrasonic methods for the diagnosis and monitoring of pulmonary fibrosis
- US Dept. of Defense (DOD)(4/15/18 - 10/14/19)
- Ultrasound Enhanced Platelet-like Particle Therapy for Accelerated Wound Repair
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(7/17/17 - 6/30/19)
- Assessment of Bone Micro-Structure using Ultrasonic Methods
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(8/02/16 - 5/31/19)
- Ultrasonic Characterization of Atherosclerotic Plaque using Multiple Scattering
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)(9/30/16 - 7/31/19)
- Experimental Ultrasonic Characterization of Bone Micro-Architecture
- NCSU Faculty Research & Professional Development Fund(7/01/15 - 6/30/16)
- Quantitative Characterization of Trabecular Bone Micro-Architecture Using Ultrasound â€“ Applications to the Diagnosis and Monitoring of Spaceflight Osteopenia.
- NCSU NC Space Grant Consortium(7/01/15 - 6/30/16)