Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, ChinaDr. Su is interested in design, learning, and control of soft robots, surgical robots and humanoid robots. He was a Research Scientist working on surgical robots at Philips Research North America, and then a postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University and Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering. Prior to joining NC State, he was Irwin Zahn Endowed Assistant Professor at City University of New York, City College.
He received National Science Foundation CAREER Award, Toyota Mobility Challenge Discover Award, Best Medical Robotics Paper Runner-up Award in the IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, and Philips Innovation Transfer Award. He is PI for projects supported by NSF, NIH R01, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, and Toyota Mobility Foundation. In addition to research and teaching, Dr. Su enjoys outdoor activities including jogging and hiking with his family.
Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering Harvard University, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Cambridge, MA
Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
Control Science and Engineering
Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, China
Honors and Awards
- NSF CAREER Award, 2020
- Best Student Paper Award Finalist, IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), 2020
- Finalist, Cisco Global Problem Solver, 2020
- Irwin Zahn Endowed Assistant Professor, Moxie Foundation, 2019
- Toyota Mobility Unlimited Challenge Discovery Award, 2018
- Philips Innovation Transfer Award, Philips Research North America, 2014
- Best Medical Robotics Paper Award, Runner-up, IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation (ICRA), 2012
- Link Foundation Fellowship in Advanced Modeling, Simulation, and Training, 2012