- Phone: (919) 515-5268
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: Engineering Building III (EB3) 3254
- Website: http://people.engr.ncsu.edu/fwu
Dr. Wu’s long-term goal is to play an important role in the development of robust and nonlinear control theory. A major roadblock in the development of robust and nonlinear control theory is solvability (computation) and so his work focuses largely on solvability.
Dr. Wu teaches Nonlinear System Analysis and Control (MAE 522). This is a first-year graduate-level course that introduces students to the interesting nonlinear behavior and the corresponding control strategies, like Liapunov stability theory, feedback linearization, and sliding mode control. He also teaches Robust Control with Convex methods (MAE 721). This is an advanced course that goes beyond linear theory to provide modern tools that enhance robustness when the system is not completely known.
At the undergraduate level, Dr. Wu teaches Dynamics of Machines (MAE 315) and Principles of Automatic Control (MAE 435). In both of these courses, Dr. Wu’s major emphasis to the students is that we are dealing with systems and, as such, that they obey systematic methods.
Dr. Wu’s students are theoretically oriented, self-motivated, and work independently. He tends to give them a lot of freedom in their research direction. His students enjoy the subject, among the different reasons, because of its unique blend of mathematics and engineering.
Outside of work, Dr. Wu spends time with his family and enjoys travel.
- Advanced controller synthesis for fuzzy parameter varying systems
- Ban, X., Zhang, H., & Wu, F. (2022), JOURNAL OF THE FRANKLIN INSTITUTE-ENGINEERING AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jfranklin.2020.12.038
- Fault Estimation Observer Design for Markovian Jump Systems With Nondifferentiable Actuator and Sensor Failures
- Chen, L., Zhu, Y., Wu, F., & Zhao, Y. (2022, May 13), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CYBERNETICS. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCYB.2022.3169290
- Fault-Tolerant Attitude Control for Rigid Spacecraft Without Angular Velocity Measurements
- Wang, X., Tan, C. P., Wu, F., & Wang, J. (2021), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CYBERNETICS, 51(3), 1216–1229. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCYB.2019.2905427
- Modeling and Control of Drill-String System With Stick-Slip Vibrations Using LPV Technique
- Cheng, J., Wu, M., Wu, F., Lu, C., Chen, X., & Cao, W. (2021), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON CONTROL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY, 29(2), 718–730. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2020.2978892
- Remaining useful life prediction of PEMFC based on cycle reservoir with jump model
- Jin, J., Chen, Y., Xie, C., Zhu, W., & Wu, F. (2021), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HYDROGEN ENERGY. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2021.09.233
- H-infinity observer-controller synthesis approach in low frequency for T-S fuzzy systems
- Xie, W.-B., Han, Z.-K., Wu, F., & Zhu, S. (2020), IET CONTROL THEORY AND APPLICATIONS, 14(5), 738–749. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2019.0242
- Convexified H-infinity output-feedback consensus synthesis for linear multi-agent systems
- Xue, X., Yuan, C., & Wu, F. (2019), IET CONTROL THEORY AND APPLICATIONS, 13(11), 1619–1628. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2018.5337
- Iterative-Learning-Control-Based Tracking for Asteroid Close-Proximity Operations
- Long, J., & Wu, F. (2019), JOURNAL OF GUIDANCE CONTROL AND DYNAMICS, 42(5), 1195–1203. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.G003884
- New Controllability Conditions for Networked, Identical LTI Systems
- Hao, Y., Duan, Z., Chen, G., & Wu, F. (2019), IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON AUTOMATIC CONTROL, 64(10), 4223–4228. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.2019.2893899
- Robust consensus for linear multi-agent systems with structured uncertainties
- Xue, X., Wu, F., & Yuan, C. (2019), INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTROL. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179.2019.1612096
- Advanced Switching Control Techniques For Switched Systems Subject to Physical Constraints
- Developing High Performance, Computationally Efficient Nonlinear Control Techniques For Polynomial Nonlinear Systems
- Reconfigurable Robust Gain-Scheduled Control for Air-Breathing Hypersonic Vehicles
- Developing Nonlinear Optimal and Robust Control Techniques for Space Exploration