This material (namely, the preprints available on this page) is presented to ensure timely dissemination of scholarly and technical work. Copyright and all rights therein are retained by authors or by other copyright holders. All persons copying this information are expected to adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author’s copyright. In most cases, these works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.
- Juanjuan Gu and Yun Jing*, mSOUND: An Open Source Toolbox for Modeling Acoustic Wave Propagation in Heterogeneous Media, under review.
- Juanjuan Gu and Yun Jing*, A modified Mixed Domain Method for Modeling Acoustic Wave Propagation in Strongly Heterogeneous Media, under review.
- Xu Wang, X Fang, Dongxin Mao, Yun Jing*, and Yong Li*, Extremely asymmetrical acoustic metasurface mirror at the exceptional point, Physical Review Letters, 123, 214302, 2019
- Nikhil Gerard and Yun Jing*, Loss in Acoustic Metasurfaces: A Blessing in Disguise, invited paper, MRS Communications, accepted.
- Mourad Oudich*, Yuanchen Deng, Molei Tao, and Yun Jing*, Space-time phononic crystals with anomalous topological edge states, Physical Review Research, 1, 033069, 2019.
- Liting Wu, Mourad Oudich, Wenkang Cao, Haolin Jiang, Cheng Zhang, Junchen Ke, Jin Yang, Yuanchen Deng, Qiang Cheng*, Tiejun Cui*, and Yun Jing*, Routing acoustic waves via a metamaterial with extreme anisotropy, Physical Review Applied, 12, 044011, 2019.
- Yuanchen Deng, Minghui Lu, and Yun Jing*, A Comparison Study between Acoustic Topological States Based on Valley Hall and Quantum Spin Hall Effects, the Journal of Acoustical Society of America, 146, 721, 2019.
- Nikhil JRK Gerard, Huachen Cui, Chen Shen, Yangbo Xie, Steven Cummer, Xiaoyu Zheng*, and Yun Jing*, Fabrication and experimental demonstration of a hybrid resonant acoustic gradient index metasurface at 40 kHz, Applied Physical Letters, 114 (23), 231902, 2019.
- Dingjie Suo, Bala Govind, Juanjuan Gu, Paul Dayton, and Yun Jing*, Dynamic assessment of dual-frequency microbubble-mediated sonothrombolysis in vitro,,Journal of Applied Physics, 125 (8), 084702, 2019.
- Juanjuan Gu and Yun Jing*, Simulation of the second harmonic ultrasound field in heterogeneous soft tissue using a mixed domain method, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 66 (4), 2019. (Highlighted as the front cover)
Z Wang, FK Liu, SY Yu, SL Yan, MH Lu*, Yun Jing, YF Chen, Guiding Robust Valley-dependent Edge States by Surface Acoustic Waves, Journal of Applied Physics, 125, 044502, 2019.
- Wen Kang Cao, Li Ting Wu, Cheng Zhang, Jun Chen Ke, Qiang Cheng*, Tie Jun Cui*, and Yun Jing*, Asymmetric transmission of acoustic waves in a waveguide via gradient index metamaterials, Science Bulletin, 64, 808-813, 2019.
- Jun Zhang*, Xiaoshi Su, Yaolu Liu, Youxuan Zhao, Yun Jing, Ning Hu*, Metasurface constituted by thin composite beams to steer flexural waves in thin plates, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 162, 14-20, 2019.
- Chuyi Chen, Steven Peiran Zhang, Zhangming Mao, Nitesh Nama, Yuyang Gu, Po-Hsun Huang, Yun Jing, Xiasheng Guo,* Francesco Costanzo* and Tony Jun Huang*, Three-dimensional numerical simulation and experimental investigation of boundary-driven streaming in surface acoustic wave microfluidics, Lab on a Chip, 18, 3645-3654, 2018.
- Jun Zhang*, Xiaoshi Su, Yan Pennec, Yun Jing, Xiaofeng Liu, and Ning Hu*, Wavefront steering of elastic shear vertical waves in solids via a composite-plate-based metasurface, Journal of Applied Physics, 124, 164505, 2018.
- Xiuyuan Peng, Jun Ji, and Yun Jing*, Composite honeycomb metasurface panel for broadband sound absorption, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Express Letters,44 (4), EL255-EL261, 2018. (Top 20 most downloaded article in 2018)
- Weiwei Zhu, Xinsheng Fang, Dongting Li, Yong Sun, Yong Li*, Yun Jing*, and Hong Chen*, Simultaneous observation of topological edge state and exceptional point in an open and non-Hermitian acoustic system, Physical Review Letters, 121 (12), 124501, 2018.
- Badreddine Assouar*, Bin Liang*, Ying Wu, Yong Li, Jianchun Cheng, Yun Jing*, Acoustic Metasurfaces, Nature Reviews Materials, 3, 460-472, 2018.
- Gang Yong Song, Cheng Zhang, Qiang Cheng*, Yun Jing*, Chengwei Qiu, and Tiejun Cui*, Transparent coupled membrane metamaterials with simultaneous microwave absorption and sound reduction, Optics Express, 26 (18), 22916-22925, 2018.
- Li Ting Wu, Gang Yong Song, Wenkang Cao, Qiang Cheng*, Tiejun Cui*, Yun Jing*, Generation of multiband spoof surface acoustic waves via high-order modes, Physical Review B, 97 (21), 214305, 2018.
- Gang Yong Song, Qiang Cheng*, Tiejun Cui*, and Yun Jing*, Acoustic planar surface retroreflector, Physical Review Materials, 2 (6), 065201, 2018.
- Kaustav Mohanty, Siddharth Mahajan, Gianmarco Pinton, Marie Muller, and Yun Jing*, Observation of self-bending and focused ultrasound beams in the MHz range, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 65 (8), 1460-1467, 2018.
- Juanjuan Gu and Yun Jing*, Numerical Modeling of Ultrasound Propagation in Weakly Heterogeneous Media Using a Mixed Domain Method, IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, 65 (7), 1258-1267, 2018.
- Chen Shen*, Yangbo Xie, Junfei Li, Steven Cummer, and Yun Jing*, Acoustic Metacages for Sound Shielding with Steady Air Flow, invited paper, special issue on Acoustic Metamaterials and Metasurfaces, Journal of Applied Physics, 123, 124501, 2018.
- Nikhil Gerard, Yong Li*, and Yun Jing*, Investigation of acoustic metasurfaces with constituent material properties considered, invited paper, special issue on Acoustic Metamaterials and Metasurfaces, Journal of Applied Physics, 123, 124905, 2018 (Featured article & AIP Scilight)
- Dingjie Suo, Bala Govind, Shengqi Zhang, and Yun Jing*, Numerical investigation of the inertial cavitation threshold under multi-frequency ultrasound, Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, 41, 2018, Pages 419-426.
- Yuanchen Deng, Hao Ge, Yuan Tian, Minghui Lu*, and Yun Jing*, Observation of zone folding induced acoustic topological insulators and the role of spin-mixing defects, Phys. Rev. B 96, 184305 (2017). This paper has been selected for PRB Kaleidoscope.
- Yong Li, Chen Shen, Yangbo Xie, Junfei Li, Wenqi Wang, Steven A. Cummer*, and Yun Jing*, Tunable asymmetric transmission via lossy acoustic metasurfaces, Physical Review Letters, 035501,2017.
- Yifan Zhu, Xudong Fan, Bin Liang*, Jianchun Cheng* and Yun Jing*, Ultra-thin acoustic metasurface-based Schroeder diffuser, Phys. Rev. X 7, 021034 (2017).
- Tai-yun Huang and Yun Jing*,Investigation of the effective density of arbitrarily shaped plate-type acoustic metamaterials without mass attached, Wave Motion, 74, 124-133, 2017.
- Dingjie Suo, Zhiyang Jin, Xiaoning Jiang, Paul A. Dayton, and Yun Jing*, Microbubble mediated dual-frequency high intensity focused ultrasound thrombolysis: an In vitro study, Applied Physics Letters, 110, 023703, 2017 (Editor’s picks).
- Jin Di, Jicheng Yu, Qun Wang, Shanshan Yao, Dingjie Suo, Yanqi Ye, Matthew Pless, Yong Zhu, Yun Jing* and Zhen Gu*, Ultrasound-Triggered Noninvasive Regulation of Blood Glucose Levels Using Microgels Integrated with Insulin Nanocapsules, Nano Research, 10: 1393, 2017.
- Jun Zhang, Yi Zhang, Juan-juan Gu, Yun Jing, Rui-min Chen, Mark S. Humayun, K. Kirk Shung, Andrew C. Weitz*, and Qifa Zhou*, Transducer Selection for In Vivo Ultrasonic Retinal Stimulation: A Porcine Eye Model Study, Journal of Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Surgery, Volume 2 (1): 100112, 2016.
- Yangbo Xie , Chen Shen , wenqi wang , Junfei Li , Dingjie Suo , Bogdan-Ioan Popa , Yun Jing* and Steven A. Cummer*, Acoustic Holographic Rendering with Two-dimensional Metamaterial-based Passive Phased Array, Scientific Reports, 6, 35437, 2016.
- Chen Shen , Yangbo Xie , junfei Li , Steven A. Cummer* and Yun Jing*,
Asymmetric Acoustic Transmission through Near-zero-index and Gradient-index Metasurfaces
Applied Physics Letters, 108, 223502, 2016.
- Tai-yun Huang, Chen Shen and Yun Jing*, On the evaluation of effective density for plate- and membrane-type acoustic metamaterials without mass attached, J. Acoust. Soc. Am., accepted, 2016.
- Chen Shen and Yun Jing*, Loss-induced Enhanced Transmission in Anisotropic Density-near-zero Acoustic Metamaterials, Scientific Reports, 6, 37918, 2016 .
- Yong Yang, Binbin Li*, Zhaofeng Chen*, Ni Sui, Zhou Chen, Muhammad-Umar Saeed, Yufang Li, Renli Fu, Cao Wu, and Yun Jing
Acoustic properties of glass fiber assembly-filled honeycomb sandwich panels
Composites Part B , 96, 281-286, 2016 .
- Tai-yun Huang, Chen Shen and Yun Jing*, Membrane- and plate-type acoustic metamaterials
, J. Acoust. Soc. Am.,139, 3240-3250, 2016.
- Yong Yang, Binbin Li, Zhaofeng Chen*, Ni Sui, Zhou Chen, Yufang Li, Renli Fu, and Yun Jing*
Sound insulation of multi-layer glass fiber felts: Role of morphology
Textile Research Journal , 0040517516629142, 2016 .
- Chen Shen, Yangbo Xie, Ni Sui, Wenqi Wang, Steven A. Cummer, and Yun Jing*
Broadband Acoustic Hyperbolic Metamaterial
Physical Review Letters, 115,254301,2015 . Editors’ Suggestion
- Dingjie Suo, Sijia Guo, Weili Lin, Xiaoning Jiang and Yun Jing*
Thrombolysis using multi-frequency high intensity focused ultrasound at MHz range: an in vitro study
Physics in Medicine and Biology, 60 (18), 7403-7418, 2015.
- Juanjuan Gu and Yun Jing*
Modeling of wave propagation for medical ultrasound: a review
IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol.62, no.11, pp.1979-1992, 2015.
- Ni Sui, Xiang Yan, Tai-yun Huang, Jun Xu, Fuh-Gwo Yuan*, and Yun Jing*
Lightweight yet sound-proof honeycomb acoustic metamaterials
Applied Physics Letters, 171905, 2015 Most read the month of May. Featured by the Wall Street Journal, Scientific American, WRAL, Aviation International News, Quartz, Gizmag, Engadget, R&D Magazine, Daily Mail, Business Standard, and Phys. Org.
- Chen Shen, Jun Xu*, Nicholas Fang, and Yun Jing*
Anisotropic complementary acoustic metamaterial for cancelling out aberrating layers
Physical Review X, 4, 041033, 2014 Featured by Science Daily and Phys.org.
- Chen Shen and Yun Jing*
Side Branch-based Acoustic Metamaterials with a Broad-band Negative Bulk Modulus
Applied Physics A, 117 (4), 1885-1891 (2014).
- Yun Jing*, Molei Tao, Jonathan Cannata
An Improved Wave-Vector Frequency-Domain Method for Nonlinear Wave Modeling
IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, vol. 61, pp.515-524 (2014).
- Meng Wang, Wenqiao Yuan*, Xiaoning Jiang, Yun Jing and Zhuochen Wang
Disruption of microalgal cells using high-frequency focused ultrasound
Bioresource Technology, vol. 153, pp.315-321 (2014).
- Jin Di, Jennifer Price, Xiao Gu, Xiaoning Jiang, Yun Jing* (co-corresponding author), and Zhen Gu*
Ultrasound-Triggered Regulation of Blood Glucose Levels Using Injectable Nano-Network
Advanced Healthcare Materials, vol. 3, issue 6, pp. 811-816 (2014). (Highlighted as a Cover) Featured by Science Daily, Kurzweilai, The Engineer.
- Tianren Wang and Yun Jing*
Transcranial ultrasound imaging with speed of sound-based phase correction: a numerical study
Physics in Medicine and Biology ,vol 58, pp. 6663-6681 (2013).
- Sijia Guo, Yun Jing, and Xiaoning Jiang*
Temperature Rise in Tissue Ablation Using Multi-frequency Ultrasound
IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control ,vol 60, pp. 1699-1707 (2013).
- Ning Xiang*, J. Escolano, J. Navarro, and Yun Jing
Investigation on the effect of aperture sizes and receiver positions in coupled rooms
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 133, pp. 3975-3985 (2013).
- Yun Jing*, Jon Canata and Tianren Wang
Experimental verification of transient nonlinear acoustical holography
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 133, pp. 2533-2540 (2013).
- Yun Jing*, Jun Xu and Nicholas Fang
Numerical study of a near-zero-index acoustic metamaterials
Physics Letters A, Vol 376, pp. 2834-2837 (2012).
- Yun Jing*, Tianren Wang and Greg Clement
A k-space method for moderately nonlinear wave propagation
IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Vol 59, pp. 1664-1673 (2012). Highlighted in the Editor’s Selection of Articles in IEEE UFFC – December 2013 edition.
- Yun Jing*
On the use of an absorption layer for the angular spectrum approach
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 131, pp. 999-1002 (2012).
- Yun Jing*, F. Can Meral and Greg Clement
Time-reversal transcranial ultrasound beam focusing using a k-space method
Physics in Medicine and Biology, Vol 57, pp. 901-917 (2012).
- Chang-sheng Mei, Lawrence P. Panych, Jing Yuan, Nathan J. McDannold, Lisa H. Treat, Yun Jing, and Bruno Madore*
Combining two-dimensional spatially selective RF excitation, parallel imaging, and UNFOLD for accelerated MR thermometry imaging
Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, Vol 66, pp. 112-122 (2011).
- Yun Jing* and Greg Clement
On the use of Gegenbauer reconstructions for shock wave propagation modeling
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 130, pp. 1115-1124 (2011).
- Yun Jing*, Du Shen and Greg Clement
Verification of Westervelt equation for focused transducers
IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, Vol 58, pp. 1097-1101 (2011).
- Yun Jing, Molei Tao and Greg Clement*
Evaluation of a wave vector frequency domain method for nonlinear wave propagation
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 129, pp. 32-46 (2011).
- Yun Jing*, Edward Larson and Ning Xiang
One-dimensional transport equation models for sound energy propagation in long spaces: Theory
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 127, pp. 2312-2322 (2010).
- Yun Jing* and Ning Xiang
One-dimensional transport equation models for sound energy propagation in long spaces: simulations and experimental results
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 127, pp. 2323-2331 (2010).
- Ning Xiang*, Yun Jing and Alex Bockman
Investigation of acoustically coupled enclosures using a diffusion equation model
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 126, pp. 1187-1198 (2009).
- Yun Jing and Ning Xiang*
Visualization of sound energy across coupled rooms using a diffusion equation model
J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Express Letters, Vol 124, pp. EL360-365 (2008).
- Yun Jing and Ning Xiang*
On boundary conditions for the diffusion equation in room-acoustic predictions: Theory, simulations, and experiments
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 123, pp. 145-153 (2008).
- Yun Jing and Ning Xiang* A modified diffusion equation for room-acoustic prediction (L)
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol 121, pp. 3284-3287 (2007).
- Xiao Chen, Zhizhuai Zhu, Yun Jing, Shuai Dong, Jun-Ming Liu* Magnetization oscillation in a nanomagnet driven by a self-controlled spin-polarized current: nonlinear stability analysis, Physical Review B 76 (5), 054414, 2007.
- Yun Jing*, J. Chen, X. Chen, and X. Gong
Frequency shift of thickness-shear vibrations of AT-cut quartz resonators due to a liquid layer with the electrode stiffness considered
IEEE transactions on ultrasonics, ferroelectrics, and frequency control, Vol 54, Issue 7, pp. 1290-1292 (2007).
- Yun Jing*, J. Chen, X. Gong, and J. Duan
Stress-induced frequency shifts in rotated Y-cut langasite resonators with electrodes considered
IEEE transactions on ultrasonics, ferroelectrics, and frequency control, Vol 54, Issue 5, pp. 906-909 (2007).
- Yun Jing, Xun Gong*, Jin Chen, G. Gong, D. Zhang, X. Shang, J. Xiong, and J. Duan
Effect of Electrodes on Force-Frequency Characteristics of Rotated Y-Cut Quartz Resonators
Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol 45, pp. 9167-9171 (2006).