Active Research Directions
1. Ultrasound in medicine and biology
Research interests include ultrasound transducer materials and structures; transducer design fabrication, and characterization; and application of ultrasound in medicine and biology.
2. Smart materials, structures, micro/nanofabrications and devices
Research interests include smart materials, structures, micro/nanofabrication, characterization, and micro/nano-devices.
3. Ultrasound NDE
Research interests include novel ultrasound sensors and transducers for non-destructive evaluation and structural health monitoring.
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing, Inc.
- Army Research Office
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Biosono, Inc.
- Blatek, Inc.
- Congressional Directed Medical Research Programs, DOD
- Department of Energy
- Electric Power Research Institute
- General Electric Co.
- Goodix Technology, Inc.
- HC Materials, Inc.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institute of Health
- National Science Foundation
- NC Space Grant
- NC State University
- Office of Naval Research
- TRaCS, UNC Chapel Hill
- UNC Lineberger Developmental Funding Program
- United Technologies