About Energy Solutions
Energy Solutions, formerly known as the Energy Management Program, was established as a direct result of the energy crises of the 1970s. Due to the lack of access to fuel, the health and welfare of our country’s industry was at risk. With the support of the State Energy Office, the Energy Management Program was established to maintain the prosperity and productivity of the North Carolina’s industrial base.
The program’s key objectives included:
- Conducting a technical assessment based on the company’s specific energy needs
- Improving the energy efficiency of their processes
- Evaluating and applying alternative and renewable energy sources where applicable
Today, Energy Solutions works with a variety of organizations including industrial, commercial, institutional and governmental to save energy, reduce costs and increase profits. There are no restrictions on facility size or energy use in parterning with Energy Solutions.
- Save Energy. To have an immediate impact on business by conducting energy assessments to identify energy and cost-saving opportunities, thus helping to improve energy efficiency, reduce emissions and increase profitability.
- Train the next generation of energy engineers. To have a long-term impact on the nation’s economic and environmental well-being by educating students in the principles of energy engineering and stimulating an interest in energy efficiency/conservation, renewable energy, manufacturing and waste management.