Frequently Asked Questions:
Can i share the zoom link with family and friends?
- Our 2020 graduates will receive a link to access the commencement ceremony. The graduate Zoom link is NOT to be shared and is intended for MAE graduates only. As Zoom limits the number of participants, a Youtube link will be posted and shared for friends and family viewing. The Zoom and Youtube streaming will be live and simultaneously connected with one another, so friends and family won’t miss a thing.
How will graduates be recognized during commencement?
- Graduates’ names will be displayed on-screen in a presentation format and called during the ceremony. Graduates are encouraged to check their Privacy Settings in MyPack Portal to ensure that their names will be shown during the ceremony. See the details here.
Will there be a program?
- A downloadable, printable commencement program will be made available on the day of the ceremony and will include the list of graduates’ names. Graduates are encouraged to check their Privacy Settings in MyPack Portal to ensure that their names will be listed in the program.See the details here.
Who is going to give the commencement address?
- We are so excited to announce that MAE alumna, Dr. Antonia Arnold-McFarland will be our commencement speaker for this virtual ceremony. Our student commencement speakers will be announced soon. Check back for updates!
Will I be able to watch the ceremony after it is broadcast?
- Yes! We will make the full video of the ceremony available on our website after it has streamed on Friday, December 4. We will also post on the MAE Youtube page.
When will I receive my diploma?
- Diplomas for fall 2020 graduates will be mailed after final degree clearance, which begins in early December. Graduates should receive their diplomas by late January, 2021.
We often think that a commencement marks the end of our journey, but the true definition of commencement is “beginning.” Together, we will celebrate the beginning of each new adventure our graduates pursue. During this challenging time we have some tips how you can celebrate.
- PURCHASE commencement attire (optional) from Wolfpack Outfitters.
- HOST a virtual commencement watch party with your household.
- SHARE ON SOCIAL using #NCStateMAEgrad
- TAG @ncstatemae in all of your graduation day photos on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!