Electrical & Electronics Engineering Intern Job Description
The Electronics and Electrical Engineering Internship offers a great opportunity for hands on learning environment. Student work with engineering teams on a project basis with oversight supervision.
Possible project responsibilities:
- Participate in product design, project management, failure mode analysis, physical product testing, and other tasks related to Value Added Value Engineered (VAVE) project process flow.
- Perform electrical and electronic circuit analysis and reviews of legacy and current products.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and electronic failures with engineering supervision.
- Upload firmware to microcontrollers and setting up experimental tests to troubleshoot failures and anomalies.
- Compose firmware and/or software to operate sensors, motors, and solenoids.
Experience and Skill Required
- Currently attending school for a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
- Must have exposure to hands-on electromechanical failure analysis
- Prefer ORCAD, Altium, and/or other PCB layout and schematic capture experience
- Versatile with C, Labview, and/or other programming environment
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week on a project assignment basis
- Capable of self-train to learn multiple design tools and advanced electromechanical equipment
- Comfortable of working independently in a laboratory, manufacturing team environment
- Available for summer of 2021 (May – August)
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-Development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Rexnord® is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures, markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing, globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years ago. We make our communities better with individual and organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships and corporate donations.
Zurn Industries, LLC is a recognized leader in commercial, municipal, healthcare and industrial markets. Zurn offers the largest breadth of engineered water solutions, including a wide spectrum of sustainable plumbing products. Zurn delivers total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications that enhance any building’s environment. For more information, visit Zurn.com.
Total Rewards and Benefits
- Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan (position specific)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life Insurance
- Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
- Matching 401(k) Contribution
- Health Savings Account
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
If interested, please contact Larry Le at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.