Job Summary: Field Sales is an Outside Field Sales position responsible for promoting and selling MTU, Rolls Royce Power Systems, power generation solutions and integrating services of Western Branch Diesel within a defined territory. Reports to the VP, General Manager – Power Generation Sales. Reports to local office Raleigh, NC
Overview of Job Functions:
- Identify market opportunities and facilitate the sales transactions of MTU Generators and related power generation products/solutions (e.g. Switchgear, Load Banks, Transfer Switches, Transformers, UPS).
- Track and influence projects from design phase to implementation.
- Develop sales strategies to close orders and adapt to market channel dynamics.
- Understanding of building electrical distribution systems and how to apply power generation equipment.
- Trade show and professional industry event participation
- Prepare sales call reporting and market analysis for General Manager
- Perform face to face visits with electrical contractors, engineers, end-user accounts.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams as well as perform electrical formula calculations.
- Assemble quotations based on a customer request by interpreting and reading electrical single line diagrams and equipment specifications.
- Understand and respond to customer’s sense of urgency evidenced by consistent and timely communication.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service when dealing with customers (internal & external).
- Knowledge of the power industry and 3-phase power.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- High level of productivity output.
- Presentation skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize demands.
- Respond effectively to changes in workload, schedules, and environment
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to construction sites and customer office/facility locations
Engineering Degree or comparable work experience required; BSEE/BSME preferred.
Western Branch Diesel offers:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company-provided short-term/long-term disability and employee life insurance
- 401k, with discretionary matching
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Annual Leave, Paid Holidays.
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive wage, DOE
Western Branch Diesel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Projected Coverage Model: [Yellow Coverage area – Open Position]
For more information, please view the flyer: