Company Background: Pacon Manufacturing Corporation is a 70 year old, family owned business that excels at providing innovative solutions and exceptional customer service resulting in strong and long-lasting partner relationships with its customers. Pacon is a custom manufacturer of Wipes & Pads for the Consumer, Industrial & Medical Industries. You can explore our history and capabilities at www.paconmfg.com
Location: Leland, NC
Position Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is a critical position in Pacon maintaining its competitive position and customer relationships. The person is the sole Design Engineer responsible for designing new equipment and managing Pacon’s engineering projects driven by customer and internal requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in collaborative discussions on overall concepts with customers and internal resources.
- Design new equipment/processes to meet customer and/or internal requirements.
- Manage / participate in the construction and installation of the equipment using internal and external resources.
Provide support to the manufacturing engineering team as required in modifying, repairing, troubleshooting existing manufacturing equipment and resources.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement teams to improve operating efficiencies and waste reductions.
- Part of the team focused on production flow through facility, maximizing the use of space for necessary equipment and personnel.
General Education and Background Requirements:
- Four year engineering degree (ME) with machine design experience.
- Minimum three years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Good communicator
- CAD experience
- Machine Design experience in non-woven or paper converting operations integrated into flexible packaging lines.
- Industrial engineering experience
Interested applicants should send current resume with cover letter, including salary requirements, to Lawrence Shannon, email@example.com