NC State’s 2022-23 class of University Faculty Scholars was announced today. These 22 early- and mid-career faculty receive this designation in recognition of their outstanding academic achievements and contributions to NC State through their teaching, scholarship and service to the university and beyond.
Since the program’s inception in 2012, 236 faculty have been named University Faculty Scholars. These faculty members carry the title for the duration of their faculty appointment at NC State and receive an increase to their base salary.
Each college may submit nominations for assistant professors appointed for a second term, associate professors and professors within the first three years of their appointment. Senior faculty then review nominations, evaluating them on research and scholarship productivity, excellence in teaching and mentoring, and leadership in extension, professional societies and public service initiatives.
This year’s class of University Faculty Scholars includes:
- Aram Amassian, professor of materials science and engineering
- Marcelo Ardón , associate professor of forestry and environmental resources
- Yevgeny Brudno, assistant professor of biomedical engineering
- Benjamin Callahan, associate professor of population health and pathobiology
- Martha Crowley, professor of sociology and anthropology
- Xiaolin Duan, associate professor of history
- Nathan Goldman, associate professor of accounting
- Margaret Gruen, associate professor of clinical sciences
- Anders Huseth, extension specialist, assistant professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Jim Kerns, extension specialist, professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Manuel Kleiner, assistant professor of plant and microbial biology
- Erin Krupa, associate professor of STEM education
- Lincoln Larson , associate professor of parks, recreation and tourism management
- Terri Long, associate professor of plant and microbial biology
- Kurt Marsden, assistant professor of biological sciences
- Santosh Mishra, associate professor of molecular biomedical sciences
- Tien Khai Nguyen, associate professor of mathematics
- Celen Pasalar, associate professor of landscape architecture and environmental planning
- Dorith Rotenberg, professor of entomology and plant pathology
- Katherine Saul, professor of mechanical and aerospace engineering
- Nelson Vinueza, associate professor of textile engineering, chemistry and science
- Cranos Williams, Goodnight Distinguished Professor in Agricultural Analytics
This post was originally published in NC State News.