Look how far we've come…
… in so little time.
Seminars — Join colleagues and students to hear about new research.
Research news — Read about some of our recent research activity.
Our expertise is diverse — four core areas
Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Propulsion and Space Exploration Systems
Dynamics, Vibrations, Controls, and System Design
Structural Mechanics, Materials and Manufacturing
Research Labs & Faculty Contacts — where the magic happens
View a full list of all our research labs and their capabilities. The abbreviated list is below.
- Advanced Materials Analytical Lab – Rabiei
- Advanced Materials Manufacturing Lab – Rabiei
- Advanced Metal Forming and Tribology Lab – Ngaile
- Applied Aerodynamics Lab/Advanced Control and Dynamic Simulation Lab – Gopalarathnam, Wu
- Biomechatronics Lab –
- Computational & Experimental Mechanics of Materials – Zikry
- Computational Biofluids and Heat Transfer Lab – Kuznetsov
- Computational Combustion and Energy Sciences Lab – Echekki
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Lab – Luo, McRae
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Lab B/Hypersonic Lab – Hassan, Edwards
- Computational Mechanics Simulation & System Design Optimization Lab – Eischen, Ferguson
- Computational Multi-Physics Lab – Kleinstreuer
- Electromechanics Research Lab – Buckner
- Energy Conversion & Transport in Solid State Devices – O'Connor
- Energy Solutions - Industrial Assessment Center – Eckerlin, Terry
- Engine Test Cell –
- Engineering Mechanics & Space Systems Lab – Mazzoleni
- Flight Research Lab – Hall
- Heat Transfer and Thermal Management Lab – Gould
- High Pressure Combustion and Laser Diagnostics Lab – Saveliev, Fang, Roberts
- Laser Manufacturing Lab – Tu
- Mechanics of Energy Materials and Biosystems Lab – Huang
- Micro/Nano Engineering Lab – Jiang
- Microscale and Interfacial Fluid Physics Lab –
- Nanomechanics and Engineering – Zhu
- Nanostructures and Nanomanufacturing Laboratory – Chang
- Precision Engineering Center – Dow, Eischen, Ro
- Reacting Flow and Turbulent Jets Lab – Lyons
- Smart Composites Lab – Peters
- Smart Structures and Materials Lab – Yuan
- Sound & Vibration Lab – Nagel
- Space Flight Lab –
- Spray and Engine Diagnostics Lab – Fang
- Structures Lab – Peters
- Vibro-Acoustic Systems and Controls Lab – Silverberg, Ro
Here's some of our recent work…
Looking for the full list of publications?
Analytical modelling of retrograde transport of nerve growth factors in an axon: a transient problem
Computer Methods in Biomechanics & Biomedical Engineering, 16(1), 95-102.
Fuel , 103, 408-413.
Computers & Structures, 116, 1-6.
Correlating stiffness, ductility, and morphology of polymer: Fullerene films for solar cell applications
Advanced Energy Materials, 3(3), 399-406.
Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, 34, 2749-2757.
Shock & Vibration, 20(3), 561-573.
Veterinary Ophthalmology, 16(2), 97-110.
Physical Review. E, Statistical, Nonlinear, & Soft Matter Physics, 87(3).
Combustion & Flame, 160(3), 656-670.
Materials Science & Engineering. A, Structural Materials: Properties, Microstructure & Processing, 564, 539-547.