Look how far we've come…
… in so little time.
Seminars — Join colleagues and students to hear about new research.
Research news — Read about some of our recent research activity.
Our expertise is diverse — four core areas
Aerodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Propulsion and Space Exploration Systems
Dynamics, Vibrations, Controls, and System Design
Structural Mechanics, Materials and Manufacturing
Research Labs & Faculty Contacts — where the magic happens
View a full list of all our research labs and their capabilities. The abbreviated list is below.
- Advanced Materials Analytical Lab – Rabiei
- Advanced Materials Manufacturing Lab – Rabiei
- Advanced Metal Forming and Tribology Lab – Ngaile
- Aerospace Engineering Computational Fluid Dynamics Laboratory – Hassan, Edwards
- Applied Aerodynamics Lab/Advanced Control and Dynamic Simulation Lab – Gopalarathnam, Wu
- Ballistic Loading and Structural Testing – Pankow
- Biomechatronics Lab –
- Computational & Experimental Mechanics of Materials – Zikry
- Computational Biofluids and Heat Transfer Lab – Kuznetsov
- Computational Combustion and Energy Sciences Lab – Echekki
- Computational Fluid Dynamics Lab – Luo,
- Computational Mechanics Simulation & System Design Optimization Lab – Eischen, Ferguson
- Computational Multi-Physics Lab – Kleinstreuer
- Electromechanics Research Lab – Buckner
- Energy Conversion & Transport in Solid State Devices – O'Connor
- Energy Solutions - Industrial Assessment Center – Eckerlin, Terry
- Engine Test Cell –
- Engineering Mechanics & Space Systems Lab – Mazzoleni
- Flight Research Lab – Hall
- Heat Transfer and Thermal Management Lab – Gould
- High Pressure Combustion and Laser Diagnostics Lab – Saveliev, Fang,
- Laser Manufacturing Lab – Tu
- Mechanics of Energy Materials and Biosystems Lab – Huang
- Micro/Nano Engineering Lab – Jiang
- Microscale and Interfacial Fluid Physics Lab –
- Nanomechanics and Engineering – Zhu
- Nanostructures and Nanomanufacturing Laboratory – Chang
- Precision Engineering Center – Dow, Eischen, Ro
- Reacting Flow and Turbulent Jets Lab – Lyons
- Smart Composites Lab – Peters
- Smart Structures and Materials Lab – Yuan
- Sound & Vibration Lab – Nagel
- Space Flight Lab –
- Spray and Engine Diagnostics Lab – Fang
- Structures Lab – Peters
- Turbulent Shear Flow Laboratory – Narayanaswamy
- Vibro-Acoustic Systems and Controls Lab – Silverberg, Ro
Here's some of our recent work…
Looking for the full list of publications?
International Journal of Robust & Nonlinear Control, 24(2), 276-294.
Approximate modelling of the leftward flow and morphogen transport in the embryonic node by specifying vorticity at the ciliated surface
Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 738, 492-521.
Experiments in Fluids, 55(2).
Characterization of fatigue damage in adhesively bonded lap joints through dynamic, full-spectral interrogation of fiber Bragg grating sensors: 1. Experiments
Smart Materials & Structures, 23(2).
Characterization of fatigue damage in adhesively bonded lap joints through dynamic, full-spectral interrogation of fiber Bragg grating sensors: 2. Simulations
Smart Materials & Structures, 23(2).
Computational sensitivity analysis to identify muscles that can mechanically contribute to shoulder deformity following brachial plexus birth palsy
Journal of H& Surgery-American Volume, 39(2), 303-311.
Computationally efficient particle release map determination for direct tumor-targeting in a representative hepatic artery system
Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 136(1).
Convective instability of the darcy flow in a horizontal layer with symmetric wall heat fluxes and local thermal nonequilibrium
Journal of Heat Transfer, 136(1).
Bioresource Technology, 153, 315-321.
Nonlinear Dynamics, 75(1-2), 267-281.