MAE Departmental Graduation Ceremony
Spring 2014 Graduation Ceremony
1:00PM - May 9, 2014
Before the ceremony
- Graduates must wear a cap and gown (the NCSU Bookstore will contact you regarding cap and gown purchases).
- Please report by 12:00 PM and line up in alphabetical order (faculty will be on hand to assign you a number and help find your place in line), please stay in line once you are in order. We will instruct you on the ceremony prodecure while you are in line.
- There is plenty of handicap seating on the floor of the Coliseum, and there will be marshals on hand for assistance. There will be room for ONE person to accompany the handicapped person in this section. Please do not arrive early, the building will not be accessible to visitors before 12:15pm. Handicap parking is available with a drop-off zone for handicap visitors.
- A professional photographer will be present to take your photo. You are under no obligation to purchase the photographs. Photographs can be ordered directly from the photographer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 919.967.9576 or 800.722.7033.
During the ceremony
- You will receive a diploma cover at the ceremony (the diploma will be mailed to your home address several weeks later so please update your address with Registration and Records).
- The graduation procession will march onto the floor at 1:00PM. The ceremony will start with a welcome from Dr. Gould, MAE Department Head, and guest speakers.
- Presentation of diplomas will begin with graduate students and proceed through undergraduate degrees (order: PhD AE, PhD ME, MS AE, MS ME, BS AE, BS ME).
- When Dr. Silverberg calls your name, walk onto the stage, accept your diploma and congratulations from Dr. Gould, and pause for a picture (marshals will be on hand to direct students on/off stage).
- After closing statements by Dr. Gould, officials and graduating students will proceed out of the exhibition room. The ceremony usually lasts about an hour, depending on the number of graduates.
After the ceremony
- Students, family and friends are invited to join us for a reception immediately following the MAE graduation ceremony. Please follow the signs to the reception.
For information about the university graduation ceremony at 9:00 am on May 10, 2014, visit NCSU Registration & Records