MAE Departmental Graduation Ceremony
Spring 2015 Graduation Ceremony
1:00PM - Thursday, May 7, 2015
Before the ceremony
- Graduates must wear a cap and gown (the NCSU Bookstore will contact you regarding cap and gown purchases).
- Please report by 12:00 PM and line up in alphabetical order (faculty will be on hand to assign you a number and help find your place in line), please stay in line once you are in order. We will instruct you on the ceremony at this time.
- There is plenty of handicap seating, and there will be marshals on hand for assistance. Please do not arrive early; the room will not be accessible to visitors before 12:30pm. Handicap parking is available with a drop-off zone for handicap visitors.
- A professional photographer will be present to take your photo; they will notify you by email when your proofs become available. You are under no obligation to purchase the photographs.
During the ceremony
- You will receive a diploma cover at the ceremony (the diploma will be mailed to you several weeks later, so please update your address with Registration and Records).
- The graduation procession will march onto the floor at 1:00PM. The ceremony will start with a welcome from Dr. Gould, MAE Department Head, and guest speakers.
- Presentation of diplomas will begin with graduate students and proceed through undergraduate degrees (order: PhD AE, PhD ME, MS AE, MS ME, BS AE, BS ME).
- When Dr. Silverberg calls your name, walk onto the stage, accept your diploma and congratulations from Dr. Gould, and pause for a picture (marshals will be on hand to direct students on/off stage).
- After closing statements by Dr. Gould, officials and graduating students will proceed out of the room.
- The ceremony usually lasts about an hour, depending on the number of graduates.
After the ceremony
- Students, family and friends are invited to join us for a reception in, immediately following the MAE graduation ceremony. Please follow the signs to the reception.
For information about the university graduation ceremony, 05/09/2015, visit NCSU Registration & Records
The ceremony can be streamed live online via this link: http://mckimmon.online.ncsu.edu/online/Play/fb97a48fe08a4d5eb5aa01632264533c1d